Our Preserves offer a special place for both the solo angler seeking a peaceful retreat and the family excited to create lasting memories together. Help us continue to allow public fishing in our Preserves by following the rules listed below.
• Respect the land, water, wildlife, plants, and other people.
• Help wildlife! Bring all your discarded fishing line back home with you so wildlife is not ensnared in it.
• Locating and following posted signs is the angler’s responsibility.
• Fishing privileges are at the discretion of Steep Rock Association.
• Know and follow CT fishing regulations.
• Daily creel limit for trout is 1 fish. Catch & release fishing is encouraged.
• Public fishing is allowed in designated “Public Fishing” sections of Steep Rock and Hidden Valley Preserves. (Please see two maps below) There is no fishing at Macricostas Preserve.
• Stay tuned for the website: www.wrgcinc.org to apply for Washington Rod & Gun Club membership and permission to fish in “posted” sections along the river.
• Outings coordinated by nonprofit organizations or community groups are approved only in the “Public Fishing” sections via a Day Use Permit from the SRA office
• By fishing in our Preserves, anglers acknowledge understanding of and adherence to these Fishing Rules.